Table of Contents
Types of Lawn Mowers
Frequently Asked Questions About Lawn Mowers
A lawn mower (also known as mower, grass cutter or lawnmower) is a machine utilizing one or more revolving blades to cut a grass surface to an even height. The height of the cut grass may be fixed by the design of the mower, but generally is adjustable by the operator, typically by a single master lever, or by a lever or nut and bolt on each of the machine's wheels. The blades may be powered by manual force, with wheels mechanically connected to the cutting blades so that when the mower is pushed forward, the blades spin or the machine may have a battery-powered or plug-inelectric motor. The most common self-contained power source for lawn mowers is a small (typically one cylinder) internal combustion engine. Smaller mowers often lack any form of propulsion, requiring human power to move over a surface; "walk-behind" mowers are self-propelled, requiring a human only to walk behind and guide them. Larger lawn mowers are usually either self-propelled "walk-behind" types or more often, are "ride-on" mowers, equipped so the operator can ride on the mower and control it. A robotic lawn mower ("lawn-mowing bot", "mowbot", etc.) is designed to operate either entirely on its own or less commonly by an operator by remote control.
Two main styles of blades are used in lawn mowers. Lawn mowers employing a single blade that rotates about a single vertical axis are known as rotary mowers, while those employing a cutting bar and multiple blade assembly that rotates about a single horizontal axis are known as cylinder or reel mowers (although in some versions, the cutting bar is the only blade, and the rotating assembly consists of flat metal pieces which force the blades of grass against the sharp cutting bar).
There are several types of mowers, each suited to a particular scale and purpose. The smallest types, non-powered push mowers, are suitable for small residential lawns and gardens. Electrical or piston engine-powered push-mowers are used for larger residential lawns (although there is some overlap). Riding mowers, which sometimes resemble small tractors, are larger than push mowers and are suitable for large lawns, although commercial riding lawn mowers (such as zero-turn mowers) can be "stand-on" types, and often bear little resemblance to residential lawn tractors, being designed to mow large areas at high speed in the shortest time possible. The largest multi-gang (multi-blade) mowers are mounted on tractors and are designed for large expanses of grass such as golf courses and municipal parks, although they are ill-suited for complex terrain.
Where to Buy buy Lawn Mowers in Nigeria
You can buy most lawn mowing equipment in our offices across Nigeria.
- GZ Industrial Supplies Ikeja . 18 Adeshina street, Behind Holy Trinity Hospital Ikeja, Off Obafemi Awolowo Way Ikeja. Lagos State Nigeria. Tel. +234 8181069339, +234 9055793557 +234 9055793558, WhatsApp: +234 8181069339,
- GZ Industrial Supplies Port Harcourt Showroom. 238 Aba Road First Artillery by Fidelity bank, Port Harcourt. Rivers State Nigeria. Tel. +234 8181069339, +234 9055793557 , +234 9055793558, WhatsApp: +234 9055793558, +234 8181069339
- GZ Industrial Supplies Calabar Showroom. 30/32 Ndidem Usang-Iso, Marian Road, Calabar, Cross Rivers State Nigeria. Contact Tel. +234 8181069339, +234 9055793557, WhatsApp: +234 9055793557 +234 8181069339.
- GZ Industrial Supplies Sango Ota Showroom . Km 42 Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway, opposite Coronation Power and Gas Limited, Ado-Odo/Ota, Sango Ota.
- GZ Industrial Supplies Ogba Showroom. 77/79 Yaya Abatan Road, Maternity Bus Stop. Ogba , Lagos NG, Ifako Agege, Ogba. Contact Tel.+234 8181069339, +234 9055793557, WhatsApp: +234 9055793557 +234 8181069339
- GZ Industrial Supplies Abuja Showroom, Shop 016, Zitel Plaza, Plot 227 P.O.W. Mafemi Crescent Utako, Abuja. Tel. +234 8053390161,+234 9121740191
- GZ Industrial Supplies Lekki. Suit 10 Sebuf plaza Lekki Epe Expressway Lekki Lagos. Tel. +234 8181069339, +234 8053390169 +234 9055793557
- GZ Industrial Supplies Apapa. Tel. +234 8181069339, +234 9055793557, +234 9055793558
- Frequently Asked Questions About Lawn Mowers
What is the Best Lawn Mower For Hills
Hilly and winding yards are an amazing sight but can be costly to maintain. That’s because standard lawn mowers are wanted when we come to climbs and can even be unsafe in excessively hilly landscapes And so yard owners often have to spend on lawn mowers for hills- specially built mowers to cut on extreme slopes and challenging climbs. Now, I know you would want the best trimmer but which tops them all? As you can see here, Honda’s 3-in-1 self-propelled gas hill mower is a favorite for many lawn owners. It packs incredible horsepower and is a very talented climber dashing across yards at full speed.But the biggest attraction is the reassuring zone starting safety system which shuts the engine automatically if it slips from your control. That it uses less gas than competing lawn mowers is another huge bonus.
How Can I Clean A Lawn Mower?
Cleaning is an important part of maintaining your mower in tip-top condition. Follow the following steps to clean your lawn mower:
Empty the gas and disconnect your mower’s spark plug wire.Stand the mower on its side.
- Attack the grass clippings on the underside by blasting using a garden hose.
- To loosen the stubborn dirt and grass clippings, spray the underside deck with cooking spray or silicone lubricant.
- A gas scrapper or putty knife may help you conquer the caked-on stuff.
- To shine the engine area, blast with a powerful compressed air hose.
- Scrub off remaining debris everywhere else using soap, hot water, and a brush.
- Reconnect the spark plug, refuel, and start the mower.
- It’s advisable to have it run for some time before shutting it.
Which type of lawn mower is best?
Rotary lawn mowers are the most versatile type and will cope with most types of grass. They are better than cylinder mowers at cutting longer and rougher grass. A rotary mower may be powered by mains electric, rechargeable battery or petrol engine.
What are the Important things to Consider when Choosing a Lawn Mower?
- Cutting width – the width of your lawn mower’s blade. Small garden will suffice with around a 30cm cutting width. Medium garden’s are likely to need a cutting width of roughly 35cm – 40cm. Large garden’s are likely to need a 46cm+ cutting width
- Cutting height – this determines the height your lawn is cut to. Early on in the year you will need to use the highest cutting height and then gradually lower it as the growing season progresses
- Length of the cable – consider the distance from the power point to the furthest point of the lawn. If the cable is not long enough consider using a suitable outdoor extension cable or buying a cordless or petrol mower
- Weight – this will determine how easy or hard your lawn mower is to push and move around
- Grass collection box – the smaller the collection box the more frequently it will need emptying
- Mulching/Recycling - this is where the grass cuttings are stopped from going into the collection box and stay within the blade area, they are then cut very finely and are dropped onto the lawn and will help to keep it looking green as no nutrients are lost
- Side Discharge - often mowers that have the mulching option also come with a side discharge option which is where the grass cuttings are simply dumped to one side of the mower as you cut. This can be helpful for large areas of grass that do not need to be kept neat
- Self propelled – these lawn mowers propel themselves taking the stress off the mower operator, making easier work of cutting the grass. Consider this if you have a large lawn to mow. Bear in mind that most self-propelled mowers have a set speed that is roughly equivalent to a smart walking pace.
- Key Start - on some petrol mowers there is the option of a key start, this is helpful if you do not want to use the pull cord method of starting. The key is often battery operated and will need to be charged.
- Rear-roller - if you are looking for a striped lawn then the mower you pick will need to have a rear roller. Sometimes these are integral and take the place of the rear wheels, and sometimes they are "hidden" between the rear wheels so the mower still has four wheels for manoeuvrability.
Rotary mowers can throw out debris with extreme velocity and energy. Additionally, the blades of a self-powered push mower (gasoline or electric) can injure a careless or inattentive user; consequently, many come equipped with a dead man's switch to immediately disable the blade rotation when the user is no longer holding the handle. To reduce the possibility of developing hearing loss and reduce noise pollution, users might consider the use of reel mowers or newer "green" or battery-operated mowers. Appropriate hearing protection such as earplugs or earmuffs will also help reduce the amount of sound that the user hears, which in turn can reduce hearing loss caused by lawn mowers.
It is possible for a lawn mower to damage the underlying soil, the roots of the grass, and the mower itself if the blades cut through the grass and collide with the underlying ground. Therefore, it is important to adjust mower height properly and choose the right tires for a lawn mower to prevent any marking or digging.
In GZ INDUSTRIAL SUPPLIES, we deal on a wide range of industrial tools [ ingco,bosch,maxmech, etc product ] ,heavy duty equipment and parts, all kinds of lawn mowers, chemicals for onshore and offshore services
GZ Industrial Supplies provides timely delivery to customers nationwide.Get in touch with our team today, or send an email email@example.com call +2348181069339, +2349055793557, +2349055793558,+2349055793556