The vacuum lifter is one of the equipment used in numerous industrial areas for lifting and handling materials nationwide. It has transformed the heavy lifting industry by providing a safe, efficient, and sustainable heavy-duty lifting method in totality.
The Vacuum lifting equipment utilizes suction pads in place of conventional lifting fitting to connect and lift loads. It can provide the precision lifting results you desire with less cost and time efficiency, thus enhancing safety features to protect your team and loads. Nevertheless, Selecting a suitable vacuum lifter will significantly increase your productivity and offer a safer working environment. It also helps speed up the manual handling of goods and saves employees from straining lifts.
Table of Content
- What is a Vacuum Lifter
- Types of Vacuum Lifter
- Other Lifting Mechanism
- The Distinctive Features of Electric Vacuum Suction Cup Lifter compared with other Lifters
- Power Mechanism of Vacuum Lifters
- How to use a Vacuum Lifter
- Benefits of Vacuum Lifter
- Factors to consider when selecting a vacuum lifter
- Selection Considerations of Vacuum Lifter
- Frequently Asked Questions on Vacuum Lifters
- About GZ Industrial Supplies
What is a Vacuum Lifter
The vacuum technology provides sustainable, secure, and efficient handling of most types of goods, making lifting easy for everyone regardless of size, strength, or gender. Many large manufacturing industries use these vacuum systems, and the cost benefits have made the vacuum lifter an effective and suitable tool for any heavy lifting business.
Vacuum lifters are lifting equipment that includes a vacuum as part of the lifting mechanism. They are heavy-duty devices that move large, heavy objects such as concrete blocks, glass, and metal panels. The main components of a vacuum lifter are the pump, vacuum gauge, valve, and below-the-hook frame with a large vacuum pad or numerous smaller pressure cups for grabbing large sheets, rolls, plates, and audible alarms. The vacuum lifters are driven by pneumatic, hydraulic, electric, or mechanical power. However, the Vacuum lifters are of different types designed to make lifting work more efficient, ergonomic, and safe for the user.
Types of vacuum lifters
There are many types of vacuum lifters including heavy-duty lifters, vertical-horizontal lifters, and battery-powered vacuum lifters, and products with mobile attachments.
- Heavy-Duty Lifters: Heavy-duty vacuum lifters are made with oversized lifting frames, vacuum pads, and vacuum stations. They are designed to handle materials and products such as metal plates.\
- Coil Lifters: These are vacuum lifters used to lift, manipulate, re-position, or stack coils with vertical or horizontal eye positions. It's available in various styles to meet the needs you plan to handle the loads. Currently, the most often used coil lifting equipment includes the following types: Coil Grab. Coil Tongs.
- Battery-Powered Vacuum Lifters: Battery-powered lifters are similar to electrically-powered devices but have a rechargeable battery.
- Mobile attachment Vacuum Lifters: The Mobile attachment vacuum lifters are suitable for use with forklifts, excavators, and other end-effector equipment.
- Vertical-Horizontal Lifters: Vertical-horizontal lifter is a device that can hold a load in place either vertically or horizontally, depending on the application requirements.
Other lifting Mechanism
Lifting equipment are any work equipment for lifting and lowering loads, and includes any accessories used in doing so (such as attachments to support, fix or anchor the equipment). The Vacuum lifter compared to other lifting mechanism can attaches to any non-porous flat surface and the suction is strong enough to hold firm even loads as heavy as 375 lbs, It operates automatically with a sensor which provides the optimum level of suction, keeping objects in complete control whether the object is being lifted or even during movement and it is very handy. The vacuum lifter is versatile thus works perfectly with glass, wood, ceramic tiles, metals and other materials.
Hand pallet truck Buy from our online store
The Distinctive Features of Electric Vacuum Suction Cup Lifter compared with other Lifters
- Our Electric Vacuum Suction Cup Lifter GRABO Pro-Lifter 20 is equipped with a robust vacuum pump. The foam rubber vacuum seal on the GRABO Pro tool is strong and resistant to loss of vacuum pressure. Once the pressure pump is activated, it creates a strong suction and firmly attaches to any non-porous flat surface. The suction is strong enough to hold firm even loads as heavy as 375 lbs .
- The GRABO Pro automatically monitors the vacuum and if vacuum pressure is lost the pump is automatically powered up until the vacuum pressure is restored.
Electric Vacuum Suction Cup Lifter GRABO PRO-Lifter Buy from our online store
- The Electric Vacuum Suction Cup Lifter GRABO Pro-Lifter 20 is designed for professionals. Unlike the other gigantic solutions, the tool is portable and handy.
- The Pro-Lifter has a pumping capacity of 20 liters per minute, a best in class. So, say good-bye to unreliable, and often dangerous, manual suction cups for the job.
- The tool is ergonomically designed to provide better grip and less fatigue when moving heavy objects.
- The tool works perfectly with glass, wood, ceramic tiles, metals and other materials.
- Just like the Classic version the powerful vacuum pump and rechargeable battery pack are concealed within the grab handle.
- The handle is also equipped with a digital display that shows the maximum weight that the GRABO Pro can safely lift at that very moment. The weight is displayed in both pounds and kgs.
- The Pro-Lifter is equipped with a smart digital pressure sensor. This makes it even more effective on different surfaces. With a simple press of a button the lifting function is automatically activated and regulated.
- The sensor automatically provides for the optimum level of suction, keeping objects in complete control whether the object is being lifted or even during movement.
Examples of lifting equipment include:
- overhead cranes and their supporting runways
- patient hoists
- motor vehicle lifts
- vehicle tail lifts and cranes fitted to vehicles
- a building cleaning cradle and its suspension equipment
- Hand pallet truck lifts
- telehandlers and fork lifts
- lifting accessories
High lift truck 1 ton Buy from our online store
Power mechanisms of Vacuum Lifters
The vacuum lifter differs from other lifting equipment in diverse ways. The Vacuum lifter aid efficacy and safety in the light and heavy lifting industry. It offers an exceptional gain in more efficient handling and a safer work environment. The handling potentials of vacuum lifters are countless more than other conventional lifting methods. They can lift, turn, move, and put loads down again with ease.
Vacuum handling is one of the safest lifting methods! Unlike other lifting methods, the vacuum lifter offers visible and audible safety features which differentiate it from other lifting equipment. Vacuum lifting equipment allows faster load and unload cycles with less downtime than conventional lifting methods since there are no slings and chains to hook and unhook. At the same time, the need for fewer ground personnel reduces the risk of accidents and lowers labour costs.
The vacuum lifters can operate using four types of driving mechanisms: pneumatic, hydraulic, electric, or mechanical, while other conventional lifters use manual methods.
Lastly, the vacuum cleaner can lift material without displacing adjacent pieces, unlike the conventional system of lifting objects.
Furthermore, brands like Grabo Vacuum Pro-Lifters are designed for light and heavy industry professionals. Living up to the promise of "Heavy Lifting – Made Easy," the GRABO Pro is equally effective on smooth and coarse surfaces. Unlike the other gigantic solutions, the tool is portable and handy. The Pro-Lifter has a pumping capacity of 20 liters per minute and. It is ergonomically designed to provide better grip and less fatigue when lifting heavy objects. So, before buying a vacuum lifter, consider some vital features.
Electric Vacuum Suction Cup Lifter GRABO PRO-Lifter Buy from our online store
Vacuum lifters can produce an appropriate effect or operate using four different types of driving mechanisms:
- Pneumatic or air-powered vacuum lifters are equipped with air cylinders or motors that provide lifting action.
- Hydraulic vacuum lifts are driven by an external hydraulic cylinder or hydraulic motor.
- Electric-powered vacuum lifters have an electric motor and feature a screw/scissor combination.
- Mechanical vacuum lifter: Mechanical lifting devices are the best choice for moving materials at high cycle rates and faster speeds. They are ideal for multi-level situations and tend to be safer options than manual labor or forklifts to move material between multiple levels.
However, there are a lot of unique benefits a vacuum lifting equipment has to offer compared to conventional rigging methods of lifting goods or materials. Below are the benefits attached to vacuum lifter:
To use the standard suction cup, press the suction cup against an item (squeezing the air out of the inside). The cup then closes on the vacuum it has created. This action creates suction that enables it to stick to the item and picks it up. There are various types of suction lifters, and some stronger suction cups usually come with an air pump that will manually pump out the air inside the seal, thus enabling the cup to have a tighter grip on the item.
The Electric Suction Cup is an electric vacuum-powered suction with a great suction cup need. Thus, It works as well as a standard suction cup, but on top of that, it has this little power boost from the battery-powered vacuum, which creates a firm hold. This great feature is also coupled with the strong and unique seal on the vacuum that the electric Suction Cup comes with, and you have yourself a suction cup that can safely carry up to 375lbs. The Electric Suction Cuplifter constantly maintains a firm grip on the items as you move them.
Benefits of Vacuum Lifters
- Double safety factor
Getting crashed into a crane load or being hit by a collapsing crane is one of the leading causes of death at construction sites that will persist if not put in check. Vacuum lifters reduce the number of such occurrences, as workers do not come close to the crane during the lifting process.
Furthermore, lifters can raise materials with more precision than winches and slings, which require the operator to rig the load manually. Improper load attachment can result in fatal accidents and reduce production rate.
Factory loss of life and injuries can be detrimental to your business. Using a vacuum lifter on your construction site makes employees less likely to suffer common construction site injuries. Additionally, making your site or workplace safer for workers allows you to obey safety and industry regulations and minimizes work injuries. Remember that unsafe working conditions can slow down your project and increase the running cost of retaining workers.
Traditional rigging, balancing, and monitoring heavy loads not only present safety risks but can also be time-consuming. On the contrary, operating a vacuum lifter requires the operator, allowing contractors to save on labor costs, time, and production delays.
Workers can use vacuum-lifting know-how to lift different types of materials without the risk of damaging the load. This eradicates the need for multiple below-the-hook lifting attachments. Whether raising bulky glasses, robust equipment, or concrete, vacuum lifters get the job done quickly.
Factors to Consider when Selecting a Vacuum Lifter
Selecting vacuum lifters entails examining material-handling requirements and load orientation such as horizontal, vertical, side-gripping, and angled tilting. The factors to consider are the brand type, dimensions, and temperature of the object to be lifted or moved are important considerations, as different vacuum lifters are intended to handle materials of other specifications and conditions.
Frequently Asked Questions on Vacuum Lifters
Q- Why is a vacuum lifter used?
A- Vacuum lifters can help increase productivity while offering an ergonomic solution to your material handling needs. They grip, support, lift and lower the load with single operator control. This operation is fast and smooth, making it ideal for repetitive handling tasks. Material handling equipment that can bear the burden of manual handling from the operator will improve the health and safety of workers and reduce workplace injuries.
Q- Is a vacuum lifter right for you?
A- Vacuum lifters are becoming the handling equipment of choice for applications in which single operator material handling of repetitive and heavy loads is required. Many prominent manufacturers use these systems, yet their affordable pricing has made them a practical tool for any business. Selecting the vacuum lifter that will most efficiently meet your load lifting requirements will increase your productivity and offer a safer working environment.
Q- How do vacuum lifters work?
A- Vacuum lifters use vacuum technology to hold and lift various types of goods, from flour bags to stone slabs and glass panels. The vacuum lifting technique uses a vacuum pump connected by an air hose to a lift tube. At the end of the lift, the tube is a suction head and a suction foot which will grip and hold the load. You will find that suction foot are available in various shapes and sizes, designed for the type of goods you need to lift. The suction foot or suction cups create an airtight seal between the load and the lifter to guarantee a safe hold of the load during the lifting activity.
Q- Which products can be lifted by a vacuum lifter?
A- A product needs to meet three requirements to lift with vacuum lifters:
- The surface needs to be airtight and solid.
- The product must have sufficient inherent strength.
- There must be enough space to place a suction pad.
About GZ Industrial Supplies Nigeria
GZ Industrial Supplies Nigeria is a company whose existence is premised upon the need for distribution and supplies of industrial materials and as one of the homes of the most prominent direct marketers and premier distributors of industrial materials, Metalworking and Maintenance, Repair and Operations ("MRO") supplies, workshop tools, Lubricants, Chemicals, Cleaning and Maintenance chemicals to industrial customers in Nigeria. Our good selection of vacuum lifting equipment, low price, and high quality is why we maintain a top position for the discerning project manager. Finding a wide variety of vacuum lifters has never been more comfortable for us. Our vacuum lifter is ideal for heavy industrial lifting. The Grabo Pro-Lifters are available at GZ Industrial Supplies and are suitable for significant industrial lifting.
Working in the heavy or light lifting industry needs the proper lifting equipment. Using the conventional method of lifting your materials is strenuous and can lead to delays in the job completion time and many injuries. So for safe, efficient, and sustainable heavy-duty lifting, the Vacuum lifter is all you need when lifting light and heavy materials because it gives you the best lifting finish that provides an ergonomic solution to your material handling needs.
Contact us for further details and the availability of a vacuum lifter with the storefront in your location.