Medicines and health products are important for addressing health problems and improving quality of lives. According to World Health Organisation,access to essential medicines and health products is critical for reaching universal health coverage.They form an indispensable component of health systems in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of disease and in alleviating disability and functional deficiency.WHO is supporting countries in ensuring equitable access to essential medicines and other health products that are safe, effective and of assured quality; and in promoting their rational prescription and use. This is why GZ Industrial Supplieshave made available the best medical Equipment.
What is Sterilization
Sterilization is the killing or removal of all microorganisms, including bacterial spores, which are highly resistant. Sterilization is usually carried out by autoclaving, which consists of exposure to steam at 121°C under a pressure of 15 lb/in2 for 15 minutes.
What are Sterilizing Medical Equipment
Sterilizing Medical Equipment refers to any process that removes, kills, or deactivates all forms of life (in particular referring to microorganisms such as fungi, bacteria, viruses, spores, unicellular eukaryotic organisms such as Plasmodium, etc.) and other biological agents like prions present in a specific surface, object or fluid, for example food or biological culture media. Sterilization of medical equipment can be achieved through various means, including heat, chemicals, irradiation, high pressure, and filtration. Sterilization is distinct from disinfection, sanitization, and pasteurization, in that those methods reduce rather than eliminate all forms of life and biological agents present. After sterilization, an object is referred to as being sterile or aseptic.
According to Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC),most medical and surgical devices used in healthcare facilities are made of materials that are heat stable and therefore undergo heat,primarily steam, sterilization.
Methods of Sterilization for Medical Devices
Instruments that come in contact with the body during all surgical procedures and many non-surgical procedures must be free of all microbial elements.
Common methods of sterilization include physical methods and chemical methods. Physical methods include dry heat, steam, radiation, and plasmas. Radiation encompasses a variety of types, including gamma radiation, electron beam, X-ray, ultraviolet, microwave, and white (broad spectrum) light.
The basic principle of steam sterilization, as accomplished in an autoclave, is to expose each item to direct steam contact at the required temperature and pressure for the specified time. Thus, there are four parameters of steam sterilization: steam, pressure, temperature, and time.
Autoclaves are also known as steam sterilizers, and are typically used for healthcare or industrial applications. An autoclave is a machine that uses steam under pressure to kill harmful bacteria, viruses, fungi, and spores on items that are placed inside a pressure vessel.
GZ Industrial Supplies Nigeria is the Distributor and Supplier of varieties of Medical equipment in Nigeria, including a variety of different brands of autoclaves as shown below.
Nihon Kohden Medical Equipment
The Autoclave mixte type cocotte minute 21L features:
- Embossed Aluminum Construction Seamless
- Robust, safe, and portable,
- For high pressure steam sterilization of medical equipment such as compresses, drapes and surgical instruments.
- Max pressure 15 psi / 1.5 bar, max temperature 121 ° C
Equipped resistant steam release / control valve and high quality heat Bakelite handles
- High pressure rubber seal cover
- Pressure gauge with color coding to display sterilization zones, graduated in kg / cm2 and lb / inch2
- Equipped with safety valve release weight
- 220v / 50Hz single phase electric
1. The steam cannot go through to the chamber when the door hasn't closed, and the pilot not informed. You can process dry operation.
2. When the pressure is over 0,027MPa the door will be locked and cannot open.
3. If you do not choose the sterile time and start the machine, the buzzer sounds.
4..The safety value will be open automatically when the inner pressure is over 0.24MPa, and the steam will be exhausting to the water tank.
5..The power will be cut-off automatically when the machine is lacking water.
6. Fully stainless steel structure.
CASSETTE STEAM STERILIZER N Series ARI
Our cassette autoclave is a kind of automatic autoclave which uses high pressure steam as the medium. It can be used in medical organizations like dental clinics, ophthalmology department, E.N.T. department, gynecology department, surgical operation room to sterilize the surgical instrument, glassware. etc
- Micro-computer control, LCD screen, touch button input.
- Safe: The short heat time for medical instruments, make the instrument safe and keep the working life longer.
- Temperature, pressure, time, working status, error alarm can be displayed on screen.
- Convenience: Simple operating, sterilized cassette can be used as loading and transport tools, as well as storage. Easily sterilize and use.
- Displace, heating, pressure rising, sterilizing, exhaust, dry, the whole cycle is controlled by the computer to realize automatic running.
- Build-in steam generator, steam source is not needed from outside.
- Digital printers can print the cycle time and various parameters of the running cycle
Our Portable Pressure Steam Sterilizer YX-280B is the best and can be trusted and relied on at all time.
Our Portable Pressure Steam Sterilizer YX-280B lid is equipped with a safety valve and air releasing valve. When the steam pressure exceeds 0.16MPa, the safety valve can automatically release the pressure that is too high, having double safety function and featuring safety and reliability in use.
- Full SUS 304 stainless steel structure.
- Dual-use coal and electricity heated.
- Accurate double scale indication pressure gauge.
- Silicone seal ensuring no steam leakage.
- Automatic release when overpressure.
- Automatic power off when there is water shortage.
Contact GZ industrial supplies for the best sterilizing medical equipment.