Jet-Lube Wire Rope Dressing Cable Grease
GZ Industrial Supplies is a distributor of JET-LUBE brand products in Nigeria, Our Jet-Lube Wire Rope Dressing Cable Grease is highly tenacious, adhesive lubricant containing both molybdenum disulfide (MoS2 ) and graphite, and is specially formulated for use on wire lines, cable and open roller chains.This Wire Rope dressing Cable grease penetrates the outer strands of wire rope and cable, displacing moisture, and permeating to the core of the rope or cable, lubricating and protecting each strand.
As the low vapor pressure carrier solvent of Wire rope dressing Cable grease evaporates, a thin, flexible film of lubricant is formed. This barrier film prevents
- The incursion of moisture and dirt between the strands.
- It contains rust and corrosion inhibitors to prevent both abrasive and corrosive wear significantly prolonging the life of cable and wire rope.
- The barrier film of Wire lube dressing Cable grease protects against the formation of rust and prevents “rust binding”, which reduces cable flexibility and life; increasing friction and wear.
- The barrier also offers protection against corrosion, preventing pitting of wire strands that can cause fatigue failure in the cable or rope.
- Wire rope dressing cable Grease also performs effectively in the presence of high humidity or salt water.
- Wire Rope Dressing Cable Grease may be used on crane and drag line hoist, elevator hoist lines, sprayed directly on sheaves, or winding drum faces, oilfield wire lines, offshore rig anchor cables, chain vises, corrosion barrier for iron surfaces, drilling lines, mast hoisting cables or any wire rope cable that operates at the extremes of operating speeds and loads in harsh environments.
- Wire Rope Dressing Cable Grease may also be used on open roller drive chains in both oilfield and industrial applications; on motorcycle or snowmobile drive chains; conveyor drive chains or any open roller chain.
Thickener Organo Clay & Resins
Fluid Type Petroleum Oil
Specific Gravity 1.01
Density (lb. /gal) 8.41
Rust Test (ASTM D-665) Pass
Copper Strip Corrosion 1B
Brookfield Viscosity, cP @ 25C 131,000 typ.
4-Ball (ASTM D-2596)
Weld Point, kgf 620
Flash Point (ASTM D-92) >221°C (430°F)
Color Appearance Black, Sticky Semi-Fluid
Contact us for further details and availability within the storefront in your location.