MANUAL CALL POINT
GZ industrial Supplies is the distributor of quality fire fighting equipment and accessories in Nigeria. Manual call point (MCP) is an easily accessible point in a building where a fire alarm switch is mounted and activated manually to alert residents of a fire by sounding the evacuation alarm to the relevant building. It is essential for the MCP to be placed in an area (whether they are mounted indoors or outdoors) where they can be activated quickly, easily and reliably from all call points.
It is operated by manually breaking the glass covering the alarm button and pressing the button. Can be connected in conjunction with a smoke detector alarm to the building’s overall alarm system through a fire alarm panel.
Criteria for a Standard Manual Call Point
- MCP can be broken - glass type, when struck by the operator, the glass shall be designed to prevent injury or otherwise, Key operated the type
- The call point shall return to its normal condition when the frangible element is replaced.
- Call point operation shall cause the Fire and Gas 22 control panel to detect a change in the loop current.
- The manual call points for hazardous areas shall include encapsulated changeover contacts used with monitoring circuits.
- All the manual call points shall be red epoxy finished.
Area of Use
Public buildings, senior citizens’ homes, industrial premises, power stations, airports, train stations, office blocks, events centres, etc.
Contact us today for more info.