WHAT IS A CRIMPING MACHINE?
A crimping machine is a device for conjoining two pieces of metal fitting with sections of rigid, flexible hose and tubing by deforming one or both of them to hold each other and stick together, as seen when fixing a connector to the end of a cable.
A hose crimper is used to assemble hydraulic hoses and is assembled by a hose crimper which makes it easier for individuals to crimp their own fittings.
A hydraulic crimping hose machine is mainly used to fabricate hose assembly, and to connect to the end of a hose of many sizes. Two pieces of the hose are joined by crimping either one or both parts so that they hold on to each other. Hydraulic hose crimping machines are used for more demanding applications such as industrial hose crimping, metal forming, shop floor production runs, and machine shop maintenance. At the outer diameter of the metal or material that needs to be joined with the hose, a hydraulic hose crimping machine uses a force of 360 degrees.
MECHANISM OF HYDRAULIC HOSE
Hydraulic hoses are found in different lengths depending on the area they are being positioned on the hydraulic component and they can work on all sorts of systems.
Using hydraulic hoses onsite for repairs and constructions or in personal workshops allows one to crimp his or her own fitting and it also saves time of going to find the nearest place to get it done. Before carrying out an operation on a crimping machine, it is advisable to be well equipped with first hand knowledge and adherence to safety measures using the necessary PPE’s.
- Protective gloves
- Ear protectors
To crimp a hydraulic hose, adherence to the following steps are necessary:
- The length of the hydraulic hose to be used for the job is first measured and cut; the edge of the cut needs to be filled to make it smooth.
- The depth which the hose needs to be inserted into the machine must be marked with chalk to ensure the machine works accurately and avoid system failure.
- Select the correct crimp diameter for each hose before choosing the correct crimp die set.
- The hydraulic hose is now inserted into the crimping machine and through the crimp die until the hose’s fitting appears above the crimp die. The top of the hose should not be seen above the crimp die.
- The compression ring or collar is then placed above the crimp die.
- Make sure that you have put on your safety gear.
- Turn on the hydraulic hose crimping machine.
- The crimping machine will now push the collar which compresses the die, the machine then stops once the collar is seen at the bottom of the crimp die.
- The hose can now be removed from the machine.
To note whether the hydraulic hose crimping was successful, observe the insertion depth that was marked with chalk. If the marking has not moved, it shows a good and secure crimping, but if the chalk mark is no longer seen at the base fitting, this implies that the hose moved during the crimping process and it is not securely crimped to the hydraulic hose.
It is observed that advancements in the hydraulic crimpers machines have taken the pressure off people handling such tools. Using a crimping machine can be seen to bring about a better output during work operations which means an increase in the number of connections that can be done in a day. Hence, it is advisable to invest in well advanced products from well recognized sources that provide complete and quality systems, tools and machines which will ensure proper standard, reliability and safety.
At GZ Supplies, we pride ourselves in the quality of our workshop machinery. Whether you are looking for fixed machinery or a more portable alternative, you can find the perfect equipment from amongst our vast range of products.