The Rotary Evaporator
GZ Industrial Supplies is a distributor and supplier of Hellog tools in Nigeria. Simply put a rotary evaporator (sometimes abbreviated to rotavap) is a piece of equipment primarily used to remove solvent from a sample through evaporation under reduced pressure.
How to Operate
- Turn on water bath and set to relevant temperature.
- Ensure water following into water condenser.
- Connect round bottom flask to rotavap. Remember to use clip to ensure flask doesn’t slip off!
- Turn on vacuum pump, then immediately close tap to put the system under reduced pressure.
- Turn on rotation.
- Briefly wait to see bumping occurs before lowering round bottom flask into water bath.
- Monitor round bottom flask until solvent is removed.
- Once complete, raise round bottom flask out of water bath and stop the rotation.
- Turn off the vacuum pump and immediately but carefully open the tap to release the system from reduced pressure.
- The round bottom flask should now be available to remove from the rotavap.
- Evaporating Flask Volume: 0.25-5L
- Lift Mechanism: Automatic lift
- Rotation Speed: 0~310rpm
- Temperature Range: Water Bath: RT.-99℃; Oil Bath: RT.-210℃
Contact us for product availability in your region.