Mobilux EP 2 Grease Oil
Mobilux EP 2 is a lithium hydroxystearate greases, formulated to provide extra protection against wear, rusting and water washout. Mobilux EP 2 greases are recommended for most types of industrial applications including heavy-duty applications where high unit pressures or shock loads are present. These greases provide excellent protection against rust and corrosion and resist water wash-out which makes them particularly suitable for equipment where moist or wet conditions are common.Mobilux EP 2 is alos known as a general-purpose greases. The recommended operating temperature range is from -20ºC to 130ºC but they may be used at higher temperatures if the lubrication frequency is increased accordingly.
Features and Benefits
Mobilux EP greases have a long history of proven performance and have demonstrated good performance in the areas of corrosion protection, low temperature pumpability and high temperature service life. A Timken OK load of 40 lb illustrates their load carrying and extreme pressure capability.
• Reduced wear under heavy or shock loading and vibration for good equipment reliability and availability
• Protection against rust and corrosion and resistance to water washout for equipment protection and good lubrication even in presence of water
• Extended bearing life potential in wet environments for reduced bearing costs and unanticipated downtime.
• Good pumpability in centralised systems.
• Mobilux EP 2 is recommended for multipurpose applications in antifriction and plain bearings, bushings and pins under normal operating conditions.
NLGI Grade 2
Thickener Type Lithium
Color, Visual Brown
Penetration, Worked, 25ºC, ASTM D 217 280
Viscosity of Oil, ASTM D 445
cSt @ 40ºC 160
Timken OK Load, ASTM D 2509, lb 40
4-Ball Wear, ASTM D 2266, Scar, mm 0.4
4-Ball Weld Load, ASTM D 2596, Kg 250
Dropping Point, D 2265, C 190