Shell Refrigeration Oil S4 FR-V 32 Formally Shell Clavus oil AB
Advanced Synthetic Refrigerator Compressor Lubricant
Shell Refrigeration Oil S4 FR-V is a synthetic refrigeration lubricant based on alkylated benzenes. It offers a universal solution to the lubrication requirements of most refrigeration compressors and is compatible with all commonly used refrigerants with the exception of HFCs.
- Shell Refrigeration Oil S4 FR-V has high solvency and is designed to maintain refrigerant cleanliness and efficiency.
EXTENDED MAINTENANCE INTERVALS
- Shell Refrigeration Oil S4 FR-V has excellent high temperature and oxidation stability providing long service life even where high compressor discharge temperatures are found.
- In addition it is formulated to provide excellent control of deposit and sludge formation, contributing to extended oil drain intervals, in comparison with mineral oil based refrigerator oils.
- Shell Refrigeration Oil S4 FR-V is recommended for use in open, semi-open and hermetic compressors in domestic, commercial and industria lrefrigeration systems. It can be used in both rotary and reciprocating compressor types.
- Shell Refrigeration Oil S4 FR-V is designed for use with most commonly occurring refrigerants:
- Ammonia (R717) systems where it o‑ers excellent performance, even under high compressor discharge temperatures or down to evaporation temperatures of -33°C or lower.
- Carbon dioxide (R744) systems.
- CFC and HCFC systems (R12 and R22).
- Hydrocarbon systems such as propane (R290).
ISO Viscosity Grade ISO 32
Viscosity Index 135
Kinematic Viscosity cSt 40°C 29
Kinematic Viscosity cSt 100°C 4.1
Density @15C 870
Pour Point, °C -45C
Flash Point 180C