SIGMARINE 48 SIGMA PROTECTIVE AND MARINE COATINGS
- 20.00 KGS
- Calculated at Checkout
IGMARINE 48 SIGMA PROTECTIVE AND MARINE COATINGS
GZ Industrial Supplies is a distributor of Sigma Marine coatings in Nigeria, our SIGMARINE 48 SIGMA PROTECTIVE AND MARINE COATINGS is a one-component alkyd-modified resin gloss marine coating, it is a topcoat finish coating, used primarily in new builds infrastructure, chemical and petrochemical plants, ashore installations, marine dry dock, sea stores and inland marine facilities.
PRODUCT CHARACTERISTICS SIGMARINE 48 SIGMA PROTECTIVE AND MARINE COATINGS
- Particularly suitable as a finish for boottop, topside, deck and deck equipment
- A quick-drying, hard, tough, water- and weather-resistant coating with moderate gloss retention
- Can be applied over most intact alkyd paints
- This coating is particularly suitable for areas intermittently exposed to water-immersion and atmospheric conditions
- Also available with non-skid material (supplied separately) for use on deck surfaces
RECOMMENDED SUBSTRATE CONDITIONS AND TEMPERATURES
- Previous suitable coat must be dry and free from any contamination
- Previous coat: surface should be sufficiently roughened if necessary
Substrate temperature and application conditions
- Substrate temperature during application should not exceed 50°C (122°F)
- Substrate temperature during application should be at least 3°C (5°F) above dew point
- SYSTEM SPECIFICATION
- SYSTEMS FOR BOOTTOP AND TOPSIDE – SYSTEM SHEET 3102
- SYSTEMS FOR SUPERSTRUCTURE AND DECK FITTINGS – SYSTEM SHEET 3104
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
- Stir well before use
- The temperature of the paint should preferably be above 15°C (59°F), otherwise extra thinner may be required to obtain
- application viscosity
- Adding too much thinner results in reduced sag resistance
- Adequate ventilation must be maintained during application and curing (please refer to INFORMATION SHEETS 1433 and 1434)
Volume of thinner
10 - 15%, depending on required thickness and application conditions
2.0 – 3.0 mm (approx. 0.079 – 0.110 in)
Frequently Asked Questions
1.Can I use the same paint on the hull and topside areas?
The hull and topside areas have different requirements, so it's recommended to use specific paints designed for each area. Hull paint is typically formulated for underwater use and has antifouling properties, while topside paint is more suitable for above-the-waterline areas.
2.How can I maintain the painted surfaces on my boat?
Regular maintenance is crucial to extend the life of the painted surfaces on your boat. This includes cleaning the surface regularly, avoiding harsh chemicals or abrasive materials, addressing any damage or scratches promptly, and applying touch-ups or recoating as necessary.
3.Can I use marine paint for non-marine applications?
Marine paint is specifically designed for marine environments and may not be suitable for non-marine applications. However, some marine paints can be used for other applications such as outdoor furniture or metal structures, depending on the specific product and manufacturer's recommendations.
For boat owners like me, seeking a reliable solution to combat the growth of algae, barnacles, and other marine organisms on their hull, this paint is your answer. Its effectiveness in preventing such growth has been truly remarkable, saving me countless hours of maintenance and cleaning. I highly recommend this product
I love this product SIGMARINE 48 SIGMA PROTECTIVE AND MARINE COATINGS due to the fact it dries fast and weather resistant
Excellent weather resistant coating