Here is the audio of this Article
Agricultural processing machines play an important role in food and feed preservation for the continual survival of man. It has led to the development of multipurpose machines such as Automatic fryers, Grating machines, Automatic Pressers, and Hydraulic pressers, etc. Agricultural processing machines involve the use of machines in the processing of crops after harvest to prepare them for on-site marketing or processing and packaging. Technology in agriculture has led to improved production; through servicing and development of agricultural machinery and processing equipment for small farmers and sustainable sources of water for irrigation.
Moreso, agricultural processing machines are key to sustainable and improved agro produce for human survival.
What are agricultural processing machines?
Agricultural processing machines are used in processing agricultural produce. It is used for transforming, packaging, sorting, or grading livestock products and agricultural commodities into goods that are used for intermediate or final consumption, including goods for non-food use. Processing has many facets, whether it's fine-tuning processing methods for traditional crops, finding new processing approaches for traditional crops, or developing new processes for new crops.
Types of agricultural processing machines
There are different processing techniques involved in processing agricultural produce. Here are the different types of agricultural processing machines used for agricultural purposes.
The automatic snack frying machine is a piece of equipment widely applied in the food processing industry. The automatic snack fryer machine is used for frying snack food, including nuts, meats, pasta, vegetables, like peanuts, coated peanuts, cashew nuts, chicken, pork skins, french fries, banana chips, potato chips, falafel, and so on. The snack frying machine is an important part of the fried peanut production line. Three types of deep-frying machines are available: basket deep frying machine, automatic stir frying machine, and continuous deep fryer.
2. Grating machine
The grating machine is employed for crushing cassava tubers; thus, the granularity of the crushed material is large, which can retain the original flavor of cassava. It is very useful in the processing of garri and other cassava processing industries with low requirements on crushing granularity. This grating machine effectively uses the motor power input, and the transmission adopts the sprocket, belt, transmission mode, and gear combination, which can not only meet the requirements of high-speed movement of the file-roller but also meet the low-speed service condition of the feed roller.
3. Automatic Presser
The automatic presser is designed with two pressure oil methods, hot and cold. It is also designed with a built-in thermostat heating device. It is advisable to heat the seeds without additional frying. In order to obtain a higher oil yield, it is recommended to use a hot press.
- Hot and Cold Pressing: This automatic oil press machine has two pressure oil methods, hot and cold; with a built-in thermostat heating device, it is more convenient to heat the seeds without additional frying. In order to obtain a higher oil yield, it is recommended to use a hot press.
- Easy operating, moving and cleaning: This automatic presser is perfect for home use. The gross weight is about 9.5 kg which makes it easy to move. It is made of 304 stainless steel and is corrosion-resistant. For maintenance, use water and a brush to wash it after working, and ensure to protect the motor from dripping wet.
- Various uses: You can choose a variety of fats, processing raw materials such as sesame, peanut, soybean, sunflower oil, rapeseed, walnut, cottonseed, etc. It can fully retain the natural nutrients, and the hot-pressed oil can be purer without water. Make your diet healthier.
- High Extracting Rate: This presser have a fast pumping speed; the 0.5 kg of raw material only takes 10-15 minutes, and depending on the type of raw material, the extraction rate can reach 50%, which is higher than most similar products existing in the market, the longer the pressing time, the higher is the oil production. (Different oil production raw materials will lead to different oil recovery rates).
4. Hydraulic presser
The cassava presser machine is an indispensable piece of equipment in garri processing. It is necessary to ensure the good quality of the finished product. It uses the principle of the hydraulic press and is widely used as a garri dewatering machine. Its main function is to remove the excess water from garri. The cassava presser uses the principle of hydraulic press to directly press and squeeze the water off bags of ground cassava to reduce or get rid of moisture. Before sifting and frying
Importance of Agricultural processing machines
There is a lot of importance attached to Agricultural processing machines, which are;
- It provides better hygiene and safety measures for the end users.
- The agricultural processing machine provides maximum efficiency in transforming and sorting agricultural produce.
- It complies with standards more than the conventional methods of processing goods.
- It ensures proper time management than other conventional methods of processing agricultural produce.
- The agricultural processing machine increases the GDP through the provision of additional goods and new processed products in the country.
- Improvement in the quality and quantity of products, as the processing machine ensures a high and large production rate.
- Improved farm income.
Therefore, agricultural processing machines increase food security through a reduction in food spoilage and wastage.
How to maintain an Agricultural processing machine
The need to maintain an Agricultural processing machine is not cheap, and the machine failure is just as expensive to repair. And untimely breakdowns can also affect your productivity and income when you are not able to bring in that processed food to the market on time.
Here are a few tips to ensure that your farm machinery is always maintained properly.
1. Get the Right Operator Training
It is important to get all operators up to date on maintenance and operation requirements as well as the manager or supervisor. If everyone knows how to effectively man the farm machinery, then the chances of missing out on maintenance are much lower. Employees or operators will also know how to properly handle and maintain their machinery. Also, ensure to keep manuals close by so operators can brush up on their understanding of the machine whenever necessary, and it should be written in clear and concise grammar.
2. Remember to Lubricate Your Machinery
Lubricants should be used on all moving parts on farm machinery. Lubricants reduce friction and enhance the life expectancy of machinery and parts. It is important to use a good quality lubricant and to always clear up dirt and messes found on the machine before adding new lubricant. Buildups and dirt should be cleared out so your machine parts can run smoothly at all times.
3. Know the Signs of Wear and Damage
If you know your machine well enough, then you should be able to tell the moment something goes wrong. Vibration, shock, overheating, friction, and strange noises are all signs of wear or damage. It is important to keep an eye or ear out for these signs so you can get your farm machinery serviced before a major breakdown happens.
4. Keep Machinery Clean
It is tough to spot signs of breakdowns and wear and tear when your farm machinery is too dirty. Keep your machinery clean, so you can spot danger signs such as oil leaks and grease build-ups easily. It is also important to do proper cleaning maintenance such as filter cleaning, build-up removal, vacuuming, and dusting inside farm machinery so your machinery will look great for a long time to come.
5. Keep a Schedule
Farm life can be quite busy, and it can be easy to forget when a machine is due for a service or for repairs. Create a schedule of the time your farm machinery should be maintained and keep a track record of previous repairs and maintenance that have been done on the equipment. It is also important to keep track of the operators that man and maintain farm machinery, so you will know exactly who is slacking off in their job or who is damaging your machinery by working the farm equipment too hard. With proper maintenance, your farm machinery will stay in great shape for a long time to come, and your farm machinery will be much more reliable.
Frequently Asked Questions on agricultural processing machines
1. What is agricultural machinery?
Agricultural machinery is machinery used in farming or other agriculture. There are many types of such equipment, from hand tools and power tools to tractors and the countless kinds of farm implements that they tow or operate.
2. What are the advantages of agricultural processing machines?
Efficiency: Machines generate more production with minor energy and within a limited time. Workers might be more dedicated to their work when they make use of machines.
3. How did machines impact agriculture?
Technological innovations generally increased mechanization by integrating functional processes in a machine or crop production system and by making it possible for a farmer to manage increasingly large areas of land.
4. What is the purpose of processing agricultural products?
Processing makes food more edible, palatable, and safe and preserves it so it can be eaten beyond the harvest season. Food processing is also a tool that offers greater variety in foods and therefore increases the consumer's choice.
As food insecurity hits developing countries of the world, it's important for proper agricultural processing and storage; a strong need for supplementary preservation is essential for the continual existence of man, livestock, and industries. Using the conventional method of processing our agricultural produce is strenuous and can lead to wastage. Therefore, the agricultural processing machine is necessary for achieving efficient and sustainable food security through a reduction in food spoilage and wastage.
Contact us for further details and the availability of an Agricultural processing machine within the storefront in your location.