Dr. Fixit 603 Newcoat
GZ Industrial Supplies is the supplier of Dr. Fixit waterproofing chemicals in Nigeria. Dr. Fixit 603 Newcoat is a heavy duty terrace waterproof coating system, composed of specially developed highly elastic & resilient acrylic polymers, properly selected & graded fillers, lightfast & weather durable pigments, micro-fibres, additives & best quality fungicidal in water medium. It is used as a liquid applied waterproofing membrane for all types of building terraces. Dr. Fixit Newcoat is a three-layer system with coats in different colours ensuring proper build-up of the thickness, making it a reliable waterproofing system.
The coating performance can be enhanced for large roofs, by providing a fibre mesh that is embedded or sandwiched between the coats.
Areas of Application of Dr. Fixit 603 Newcoat
- } Building roofs / Terraces– Flat & sloping.
- } Over existing cementitious waterproofing treatments like brickbat coba, concrete screeds, acrylic coatings, etc.
Features & Benefits
- } Film thickness – Provides higher dry film thickness of 1 to 1.25 mm in three coat application
- } Crack bridging - Bridges cracks up to 2 mm width
- } Application advantage - No need to remove existing sound brickbat coba, plaster, concrete surface
- } Suitability - Can be used for flat as well as sloping roofs
- } Strength - Higher tensile strength, tear resistance & bond strength with cementitious substrates
- } Resilience – Forms highly elastic & resilient coating so helps to withstand the structural movements
- } Durability – Resistant to UV & weather conditions
- } Abrasion resistant – No additional protective coating is required for roof subjected to foot traffic
- } Ease of application – Can be applied by brush & roller easily
- } Weight addition – Light in weight does not add extra weight over the roof
- } Toxicity – It is non-toxic in nature
- } Breathability – It is breathable
- } Easy to recoat existing surfaces coated earlier with Dr. Fixit Newcoat
Method of Application
1 Surface Preparation
- } Prepare the surface thoroughly by cleaning, washing and removing dust, dirt, oil, grease and loose particles.
- } In existing old terraces with brickbat coba or screeds, the substrate must be checked for its soundness.
- Damaged or hollow portions, sharp edges, etc. must be cut and removed till the mother slab. The slab should be recoated with slurry of Dr. Fixit Pidicrete URP and cement in 1:1 proportion. After drying, the brick bat coba in that portion should be reinstated by mixing Dr. Fixit Pidicrete URP in the base slurry as well as while doing the top coba. In other areas, where the coba is sound, the surface cracks must be filled with Dr. Fixit. Crack-X or polymer-modified mortar in case cracks are wider than 5 mm.
- } Cracks less than 2 mm, should be cleaned free of dust with a vacuum cleaner.
- Apply Dr. Fixit Primeseal in the crack and let it dry. Then pour Dr. Fixit Newcoat into these cracks and wait for it to dry.
- } Ensure that the roof slope of a minimum of 1 in 100, is already provided.
- } Bitumen based waterproofing treatments if existing, must be completely removed by mechanical scarification or by any other effective mechanical means.
Contact us for further details and availability within the storefront in your location.