What type of drain cleaner is suitable for a clogged pipe?
Blockage in pipes can be very inconvenient, and in most situations, it gets frustrating. Ever been in a hurry to wash your dishes and retire to bed for the day? Or even wash your kitchen utensils quickly and head out to work? And then you notice in your haste to finish up, and the water isn't draining from your sink? Then what type of drain cleaner is suitable for a clogged pipe? That is what this article is all about
In your eagerness to offer a quick solution using drain openers, you must consider the type of drain cleaner to use to avoid potential damage to your pipes, and this brings us to the question, "Do you know that drain cleaners are of two types? Let's discuss the types, and from these, we will deduce which is suitable for our pipes.
Types of Drain openers Suitable for a clogged pipe
- Alkaline drain cleaner
This type of drain opener is usually compatible with domestic use because they are bases and the elements have a ph greater than 7. Alkaline drain openers can also be divided into two:
- Strong Alkaline Drain Cleaner: The alkaline elements used in this type of drain opener are highly concentrated, such as sodium hydroxide, also known as Caustic Soda, and potassium hydroxide, and this type of cleaner is used to dissolve fats, oils, grease, and other deposits that are protein-based. Dispersing agents are also added to the alkaline drain cleaner to dissolve dirt that may likely attack metal parts, which would lead to rust on metal parts. When using this strong alkaline, you need to be careful not to let it come in contact with your skin or eyes.
- Weak Alkaline Drain Cleaner: These alkaline are less concentrated than the first alkaline cleaners( Strong alkaline cleaners). A typical example is sodium bicarbonate, often known as baking Soda. The weak alkaline drain cleaners are not considered a threat to personal safety.
2. Acidic drain opener
This type of drain opener is more compatible with new pipes or metallic pipes such as copper because of the nature of the cleaner. The Acidic drain opener is usually formulated with a strong chemical in which the primary ingredient is sulphuric acid.
The usefulness and function of this acidic drain opener is its ability to dissolve food matters quickly; it also removes or eradicates fats and other cellulose protein-based items in pipes faster. The type of pipe installed should be considered before using this chemical because it is only suitable for some piping systems due to its nature.
However, it is advisable to always wear your protective wears (eye goggles, gloves, and safety clothing) before use.
This type of drain cleaner is suitable for a clogged pipe.
Epoxy Oilserv owns the brand epochem cleaning and maintenance chemicals in Nigeria. They have a portfolio of effective and efficient cleaning chemicals for different purposes, including home, office cleaning, industrial and oilfield cleaning.
The products have passed substantial-quality tests and are approved for use in oilfields in Nigeria and other locations worldwide.GZ Industrial Supplies is a distributor of this compelling product. Our epochem 502 heavy-duty degreasers are approved for use by the DPR.
1. Drain Opener Epochem 170 alkaline cleaner 20 liters
GZ Industrial Supplies is the distributor and supplier of the Epochem brand of Cleaning and maintenance chemicals in Nigeria. Our Drain Opener Epochem 170 alkaline cleaner 20 liters is good to use at all times to clean and open drains. It is Supplied in 5 liters and 20l liters. Free delivery, within 1 to 3 working days.
Features of Drain Opener Epochem 170 alkaline cleaner 20 liters
Epochem 170 alkaline cleaner is a high-performance, NON-ACID drain cleaner - that will instantly break down blockages within pipework - caused by a range of organic waste and is equally as effective as acid-based drain cleaners. These blockages will often occur within kitchen and washroom pipework due to the large quantity of food waste and other organic waste that regularly enters the system. Epochem 170 is a safe alternative to acid-based drain cleaners - but equally as effective. It is currently being used in industry, nursing homes, hospitals, clubs, pubs, restaurants, schools, colleges, local councils, and more. Use epochem 170 alkaline cleaner to treat pipework blockages leading from sinks, basins, toilets, showers, gullies, drains, etc.
Advantages of using an Alkaline drain cleaner:
Use in Kitchens:
Use in Washrooms:
Our Epochem 160 is one of the most suitable for a clogged pipe.
2. Epochem 160 Liquid Drain Opener (Acidic)
GZ Industrial Supplies is the Major distributor of Epochem Distilled Water and other Epochem products in Nigeria. Our Epochem 160 Liquid Drain Opener (Acidic)inhibited acid-based chemical is specifically designed to rapidly clear blockages in drains caused by sanitary towels, hair, soap, grease, coffee, grounds, clothes, papers, Lint, cigarette buffs, and other organic substances.
- Dissolves Cellulose, Protein-like hair
- Instantly dissolves organic matters
- flushes water, papers, vegetables, grease, etc
Contact Us at GZ Industrial Supplies for product availability.
Effectiveness of this Product:
1. Dropping some epochem drain cleaner down the drain each month prevents smelly pipes; stop odor at its source.
This product breaks down and digests organic deposits and grease buildup.
This product is made of 100% powerful enzymes to keep your kitchen, bathroom, and utility drains clear of buildup and odor. Safe for plumbing and septic tanks.
Epochem drain cleaner eliminates embarrassing odors from drains and prevents clogged sinks.
2 This Product saves money on plumbers and drain snakes as powerful enzymes break down oil and grease to keep drains free and clear
3. Epochem drain cleaner acts as drain deodorizer, and cleaners are thin, round and only 6.3 inches long, and 100 percent safe for plumbing and septic tanks with no toxic chemicals
embarrassing smells and nasty water buildup in sinks and showers if you apply this Product monthly
Keep your drains clean and odor-free all year long with Epochem drain cleaners.
Contact us for product availability in your area.
How to Unclog a Drain Without Damaging the Pipes
Alkaline and Acidic Drain Openers are safe to use on new plastic and metal pipes, respectively. However, avoid using them on older and weak pipes or aluminum chrome or galvanized steel pipes to prevent degrading, which can also happen when drain openers are frequently used.
To prevent your pipes from degrading, ensure you get a drainage sieve to hold your debris in while the water passes through; a plunger can be used when the blockage is minimal. Using a drain opener should only be when you have tried taking out the dirt manually, probably using a bent wire hanger, and then you can read through the instructions before using the drain opener. Ensure you wear your protective equipment when handling this chemical to avoid contacting your skin or eye.
Safety Measures When Using Drain Openers
Chemical safety involves all policies, procedures and practices designed to reduce the high risk of exposure to potentially hazardous chemicals and this includes the risks of exposure to persons handling such chemicals in the surrounding environment and to the communities and ecosystems within that environment.
- However, it is always advised to read the instructions labeled on the chemical before opening to use.
- Wear your protective wears (eye goggles, gloves, and safety clothing) before using these chemicals.
- Note that some of these acid cleaners do produce toxic fumes, and if not correctly handled, it could lead to an explosion. If you are to dilute this acid opener for any reason, ensure you pour the chemical into the water and not the other way round to avoid any exothermic reaction, which could cause a lot of damage.
- Also, check the kind of pipes installed before you use this chemical. Due to the nature of this chemical, it will not be suitable for some piping systems. Lastly, ensure the chemical is being used in a well-ventilated room.
- Always wear a respirator, safety glasses, skin covering clothes, and gloves made of chemical-resistant material to avoid skin burn or irritation to the eyes or nose upon inhalation.
- Never use a drain opener with a plunger.
- It is considered suitable in well-ventilated areas only.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Do not mix different drain openers or with other substances.
- If the blockage persists after several uses, seek the aid of a plumber.
Where to Buy Recommended and Safe Drain Openers
GZ Industrial Supplies has a range of drain openers to tackle whatever drainage issues you are experiencing.
Do visit us: https: //www.gz-supplies.com/
Revolutionizing Industrial Processes with Arc Welding Machines: A Comprehensive GuideArc welding machines have been a game-changer in the industrial world, revolutionizing the way metal …Mar 22, 2023
Epoxy Oilserv Nigeria Limited to Showcase Industry-Leading Products at Buildmacex 2023Lagos is Nigeria’s relentlessly most competitive city and one of the most prolific cities where many …Mar 21, 2023
Press Release: Epoxy Oilserv Announces Price Increase for Epochem Industrial Cleaning and Maintenance ChemicalsEpoxy Oilserv, a leading supplier of technical materials and services to the energy and constructio …Mar 16, 2023