Can Epoxy Flooring Be Applied Outdoor
Epoxy flooring has usually been depicted and portrayed as being done for mainly indoor environments. However, due to its tough, resilient and very durable nature, epoxy coating can be used in multiple outdoor applications such as basketball courts, airplane hangars, patios, porch, walkways and more.
When heavy objects are being shifted around on the floor continuously, the epoxy floor surface will maintain a very high lustre. Nevertheless, epoxy floors are pretty easy to maintain so long as adequate maintenance tips are observed. One of the best things about epoxy flooring is how well it cleans up after years of wear and tear.
EPOCHEM flooring system has strong wear resistance and pressure resistance, and can meet the need of various outdoor conditions.
Concrete is an incredibly durable flooring choice, particularly when properly sealed. Regardless of whether for a commercial or residential space, a basement or a garage, a concrete floor epoxy is an easy and cost-effective way to ensure the surface will look its best and function well for years.
Outdoor and exterior applications have to be able to withstand harsh temperatures, environmental elements and climate changes. Our products are designed with these facts in mind. Our top quality Outdoor Epoxy Concrete Sealers form a protective film on the concrete surface, providing a hard, long-wearing, abrasion-resistant finish. Epoxy sealers also offer exceptional water repellency features. Our epoxy sealer will improve your patio's appearance, keep it from fading due to UV exposure and protect it from stains. Our Outdoor Concrete Epoxy sealer will enhance and protect your patio.
There are blends of specially formulated epoxy with other materials that can be applied over existing concrete. It is not costly. More importantly, you can save yourself the messy process of getting the concrete removed. There are different epoxy coatings that are specially designed to fortify and stabilize your outdoor surface. The surface can be made of single/different materials. There are single and two-part epoxy systems that can be applied on concrete, granite and stone surfaces to create awesome, non-skid finishes that stand the test of time and also look great.
Renowned for both its durability and strength, epoxy is the ideal flooring solution when it comes to protecting those outdoor surfaces. These outdoor surfaces are constantly subject to wear and tear. Additionally, they are under attack from elements even if they are made of the sturdiest of concrete, granite or even stone.
Concrete walkways and porches look more elegant and sophisticated when epoxy is used. There are a variety of colours and styles available. It further enhances the beauty of the outdoor landscape and offers a few more additional benefits.
Affordable, industrial grade, high quality epoxy also protects the surface from foul weather and spills. These are ideal for patios, pools, decks or outdoor carports.
Advantages of using Epoxy Flooring Outside
- Durability:It can last nearly half a lifetime if installed correctly. If you plan on installing outdoor flooring, epoxy is a great option. Its durability makes it a perfect candidate for outdoor patio spaces, pools and more. One doesn’t need to worry about replacing epoxy flooring every few years. It is also worth knowing it is waterproof.
- Cost: Epoxy is an extremely affordable option for outdoor spaces. Most people do not want to spend a lot of money on outdoor flooring because they know it is going to be exposed to external elements. Outdoor spaces require an inexpensive and easy to maintain solution.
- Lifetime: The average lifespan of durable floor coatings can be upwards of 10 years. Luckily, it is easy to install and takes very little time to allow the epoxy to set. You simply need to apply the base, epoxy and top coat before waiting a few hours for your floor to dry.
- Health: Epoxy releases no toxins therefore, it cannot potentially harm you or your family.
Disadvantages of Using Epoxy Flooring Outside
- Direct contact with sunlight can affect the lustre of the floor thus making the surface lose a bit of its radiance.
- The floor must be dried, prepared and cleaned thoroughly before applying epoxy to avoid adherence issues. The epoxy paint peels off the floors if applied in a damp environment on a moist floor.
- A significant amount of effort goes into preparing the floor. The concrete floor has to be clean and free of any grease, oil, or solvents before the epoxy coating is applied. Cracks will need to be filled as well. Cleaning concrete floors requires multiple attempts. All this preparation work required is a drawback.
Contact GZ Industrial Supplies today for more information on applying Epoxy Flooring Outdoor.